Summary: A great, cooling and refreshing way to enjoy summer tomatoes.
- 2 medium-large tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters
- 2 generous T Greek yogurt
- 1 large sprig basil, leaves only
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon wedge
- chopped avocado
- In a blender, put the tomatoes, yogurt, basil leaves, and olive oil. Blend until you’ve got a chunky puree. Squeeze the lemon wedge over the puree, season with some s&p and blend to combine. Taste and add more yogurt, basil, s, p, EVOO and/or lemon juice as you like.
- Place your desired amount in a bowl, drizzle with EVOO, and top with some chopped avocado.
Number of servings (yield): 2-4
Recipe by Em-i-lis