Summary: This is a wonderful variation on your basic roasted sweet potatoes. The gremolata adds some zip and the hazelnuts in it, a lovely crunch.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, rinsed, ends trimmed but left unpeeled
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (or more to taste) freshly ground coriander
- 2 T + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- scant 1/4 c hazelnuts, chopped a little bit larger than fine
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut the potatoes so that they look like thick-cut fries. Place on a baking sheet large enough to hold them all in a single layer. Drizzle 2 T olive oil over them.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, red pepper, parsley, coriander and remaining 1 tsp olive oil. Stir to combine and season well with salt. Add in the hazelnuts and stir to combine.
- Pour over the sweet potato strips, tossing gently to coat the potatoes and distribute the gremolata evenly. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6 side dishes
Recipe by Em-i-lis