Summary: Intoxicating combo of veggies and spice
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 large onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp Hungarian hot paprika
- 1 generous tsp salt
- fresh cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450. Place the cauliflower florets in a large roasting pan. Pull apart onion quarters into layers and add to pan.
- In a small skillet, toast the coriander and cumin seeds over medium heat until darkened and fragrant, 3-5 minutes. Crush coarsely in a mortar with pestle and pour into a medium bowl. Into them whisk the oil, vinegar, curry powder, paprika and salt. Pour this dressing over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pepper, and roast until tender, stirring occasionally, 25-35 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm or at room temp.
I adapted this from an epicurious recipe.
Number of servings (yield): 6 side-dish servings
Recipe adapted by Em-i-lis