Summary: This dish is fantastic, a really good and new way to use broccoli! From food52 chef, arielleclementine.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 T sherry vinegar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 c marcona almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the broccoli florets on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a hefty sprinkling of kosher salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until quite warm (about 2 minutes). Stir in the minced garlic and the smoked paprika and remove the pan from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Put the sherry vinegar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the paprika oil. Try to leave most of the solids (paprika and garlic) in the skillet, if possible.
- After 20 minutes, remove the broccoli from the oven and toss the marcona almonds on top. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette, toss, and serve immediately or let sit at room temp for up to 1 hour.
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2