- 1 c green (aka French) lentils
- 3 leeks, white parts chopped
- 3 T butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 T dijon mustard
- Cook lentils in boiling water until tender (~20 minutes). Keep checking water level so that you keep the lentils covered. When done, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat 2 T butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped leeks and garlic and season with s&p. Turn heat to med-low and cook until very soft.
- Combine leek mixture, lentils, remaining 1 T butter, 1/2 T dijon mustard and toss gently to combine. Season with more s&p if needed and generously grate Gruyere over the top. Stir to combine and grate more on top for good measure.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe by Em-i-lis