Summary: Lovely, summery side dish.
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, steamed, chilled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- small handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 flavorful tomato (I used a yellow heirloom called Tangerine), cut into 1/2″ cubes, chunks of seeds discarded
- 1-2 T chopped shallot
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2″ cubes (do this just before putting salad together)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (if 1, make sure it’s large)
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- s & p
- In a small saucepan (butter warmer is the right kind of size), heat the olive oil until hot. Add minced garlic, a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice and remove from heat. Sprinkle with salt.
- When warm, pour over the chilled potato cubes and toss. Add the chopped basil, tomato cubes, shallot, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss gently.
- When you’re ready to serve, gently fold in the cubed avocado to the potato-tomato mixture. Pack salad gently into 2 ramekins and invert over dinner plate. Add extra salt, pepper and/or lemon juice if needed.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Em-i-is.com