Summary: Yum! Healthy!
- 1¼ c quinoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c chicken broth or water (or combo)
- 1 T butter
- 2 T + 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 4 small leeks, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 1 scallion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 small bunch baby kales (or equiv with regular kale), coarsely chopped
- 4 T fresh dill, chopped, divided
- s & p to taste
- 1 c Greek yogurt
- ¼ c crumbled feta
- 2 T fresh mint, chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 T water
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Make the quinoa: Combine the quinoa, salt and broth/water in a 2 qt saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until quinoa is done, about 15 mins. Drain quinoa.
- Make the greens: In a 10″ skillet, heat 1 T butter and 2 T olive oil until butter is melted. Add the garlic, leeks and scallion and cook 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the kale and dill and cook until kale is nicely wilted and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add the drained quinoa to the greens mixture and stir to combine. Drizzle remaining 2 tsp olive oil over the top.
- Make the dressing: In a deep bowl or measuring cup, put yogurt, feta, mint, remaining dill, parsley, water and olive oil. Using an immersion blender (hand mixer), blend until combined and whipped. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add about half of the dressing to the quinoa-greens mixture and stir to combine. Serve.
- Reserve the remaining dressing for another use. It makes a great dip.
Recipe by Em-i-Lis