- 1-2 T EVOO
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 c fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch lacinato (aka dino or Tuscan) kale, washed but not overly dried, thickest part of center ribs removed, chopped well
- scant ½ tsp salt
- 1½ T buttermilk
- 1½ T heavy cream
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and then add the garlic and salt. Stir, monitoring heat, until the garlic is fragrant and golden. Add the breadcrumbs, stir until coated in the garlicky oil and toasted. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add a bit more oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chopped kale and salt, and toss and stir until somewhat wilted but still bright green…al dente or the like. Lower the heat to medium-low, and pour in the buttermilk and cream. Cook, stirring everything together, until well combined and warmed through.
- Turn out into a bowl -sauce and all- and top with the garlic breadcrumbs.
- Serve with good bread that can sop up this delicious sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Recipe by Em-i-lis