Mar 4th, 2012 by Em-i-lis
Summary: I found this many years ago in Amanda Hesser’s, “Cooking For Mr. Latte;” it’s been a staple ever since
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 c couscous (I use whole wheat)
- 5 tender inner stalks celery
- 4 large sprigs parsley, stems removed
- scant 1/4 c safflower oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan (or in the microwave), bring the beef broth to a boil. Place the couscous in a medium serving bowl, pour the boiling broth over the couscous, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the celery and parsley, then scrape them over the couscous. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and some salt and pepper and pour gently over the couscous. Stir until the couscous glistens.
- Taste and season with more s & p if needed. let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Makes great leftovers!
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4