Mar 2nd, 2012 by Em-i-lis
Summary: This is a hearty, autumnal way to enjoy Brussels sprouts.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves
- 1/3 c walnuts, broken and toasted
- EVOO, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, s&p
- Cook the brussels sprouts in boiling water until tender but still with some crunch, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into cold/ice water to stop the cooking and retain the beautiful green color.
- Whisk the EVOO, apple cider vinegar, dijon, s&p to make a vinaigrette. Toss with the brussels sprouts, top with the walnuts and shave some Parm on top.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe by Em-i-lis