Mar 3rd, 2012 by Em-i-lis
Summary: I made this up one night during a real bout of inspiration and was incredibly pleased. It is refreshing, zingy and just lovely all around.
**Chosen as a Community Pick on Food52.
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, leaves picked off and divided in half*, stems reserved
- a hunk of fresh cantaloupe or other such melon, sliced thinly into strips
- 1 fig, slivered
- 4 leaves fresh mint, chopped
- Blue cheese for crumbling
- small handful Marcona almonds
- 1/2 tsp honey
- salt and pepper
- fresh lime juice
- For the salad: Layer the first four ingredients, half-bunch of watercress through mint, on a serving dish and crumble the Blue cheese on top (as much as you like).
- For the dressing: In a mini-food processor (or the like), blend watercress stems, almonds, honey and 1-2 T EVOO. Sprinkle with s&p and squeeze some lime juice in. Blend again. Taste, adjusting salt/pepper/lime/EVOO to your preferred consistency/zing. Spoon dressing over the salad and serve.
- *You’ll have half your watercress leaves left over: make cucumber and watercress sandwiches! Another salad!
Recipe by Em-i-lis