Summary: Fresh, flavorful, delicious!
- 2 beets, scrubbed, wrapped individually in foil
- 1 orange (I like to use navel or blood oranges, or combo of the two)
- 1/8 red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 T chopped, fresh dill
- crumbled goat cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375. Place foil-wrapped beets on a baking sheet, and roast until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and foil, run under cold water and peel. Slice beets into 6ths or 8ths (wedges).
- Remove the peel and pith from your orange(s) and cut into thin wedges. Toss oranges and onions in a serving bowl and add in beets (they stain so don’t overtoss unless you want everything to turn purple).
- Sprinkle dill and goat cheese over the salad, sprinkle with salt and pepper and dress lightly with EVOO and Balsamic.
This doubles, triples, etc easily. If you don’t have or like goat cheese, feta is also nice.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Recipe by Em-i-lis