Recipe: Em-i-lis’ Easy Truffled Mushroom Ravioli
- 1 package best quality mushroom ravioli
- 1T butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a press
- 6-8 oz mixed exotic mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh time, or a couple dashes dried
- White truffle oil
- Parmesan or pecorino to grate on top
- Get a pot of water salted and boiling.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. When hot, add garlic and sauté until lightly browned but not getting crispy at all.
- Add mushrooms and time, turn up heat slightly, and continuing to stir, brown your mushrooms.
- When nicely browned, remove from heat but keep warm.
- Just before your mushrooms are done, throw your ravs in the pot.
- When done, drain them well and through into the skillet with the mushrooms.
- Grate some parm or pec over the top and stir to incorporate everything.
- Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle a bit of white truffle oil on top. Truffle oil is rich so don’t overdo it.
- Serve with your chunk of cheese in case people want a bit more. Maldon is a nice finishing salt for this dish too (and really for all dishes!).
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Em-i-lis.com.