Summary: This is really yummy, hearty, healthy, and the burritos freeze well!
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained, laid out on paper towels for 10 minutes, then crumbled
- 1½ T chili powder
- ½ tsp Tabasco
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 c mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 c corn kernels (frozen fine)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package whole wheat tortillas
- cilantro and salsa for serving
- Combine the crumbled tofu, chili powder and Tabasco in a bowl, and set aside at room temp.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and sauté the peppers, onions and mushrooms for a few minutes, or until somewhat softened. Add the soy sauce to the skillet, and cook until the veggies are soft.
- Add the beans and corn, and then stir in the tofu. Cook over medium heat until everything is warmed through.
- Spoon as much as you like into a tortilla and top with cilantro and salsa.
If you want to freeze these, fold some filling into a tortilla and wrap tightly. Wrap tightly in saran wrap or the like, making sure the burrito is well covered. Slide those to be frozen into a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. When you’re ready for them, microwave until heated through.
Number of servings (yield): 4