Summary: Simplicity at its best. A lovely alternative to the lemon squeeze is to warm the zest of 1/2 lemon in hot olive oil, let cool slightly and then pour over the prepared salad.
- 1 can best-quality, olive oil-packed tuna (I use Cento)
- 1 can organic white (Great Northern, cannelini) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, slivered into thin strips
- salt and pepper
- Drain the majority of oil from the tuna, and put tuna into a serving bowl, breaking large chunks up with a fork.
- Stir in the white beans, onion slices, and a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve. This is great with tomatoes, crusty bread and dipping oil.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3-4
Recipe by Em-i-lis