Summary: This is a riff on a food52 recipe for Shrimp Burgers.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c diced fennel bulb
- 1-2 T chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 c diced shallot
- 1/4 c diced red bell pepper
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 T fresh orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced or put through a press
- squirt of mayo
- small handful fresh breadcrumbs, optional (useful if you do want to shape these into more of a patty)
- Brioche buns (or hamburger buns of your choosing), toasted
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the shrimp and all remaining ingredients except EVOO. Season well with salt and a grind of pepper.
- In a 10″ skillet, heat 2 T EVOO over medium-high heat. When warm, throw in shrimp mixture and stir/toss until cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Serve on toasted buns.
- If you want to make a mayo/orange sauce to go with this, by all means do.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Em-i-lis