Mar 5th, 2012 by Em-i-lis
- Juice of 1½ Meyer lemons, divided (1 and ½)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 large sprig of mint, leaves only, minced
- 1 sprig flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, minced
- 2 medium-large cloves garlic, minced
- dash of cinnamon
- generous ¼ tsp Aleppo pepper
- ½ c + 2T extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 can chickpeas(aka garbanzo beans), drained
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- generous dash za’atar
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- pomegranate seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of 1 Meyer lemon, the kosher salt, mint and parsley leaves, minced garlic, cinnamon and Aleppo pepper, and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add in ¼ c olive oil, stir to combine, and pour over shrimp. Toss well and let marinate on the counter while you continue with the rest of the dish.
- In a food processor, put the drained chickpeas, your remaining Meyer lemon juice (juice of ½), the roasted garlic, za’atar, mint leaves and pomegranate molasses. Process until well combined, and then, with the motor running, pour in the olive oil. When well blended, put in an oven-safe dish and keep warm.
- Place a 10″ skillet over medium-high heat, and when warm, pour in the shrimp and their marinade. Cook for a couple minutes, flip and cook until just done. Remove from heat.
- Spoon some of the chickpea puree into a bowl and top with some shrimp. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 2-3
Recipe by Em-i-lis