Summary: My take on a common and delicious classic
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- Dijon mustard
- Whole-wheat Panko
- salt and pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- *Thinly sliced pancetta if you’d like
- Begin by cutting each breast down the middle lengthwise but not all the way through. You want the chicken breast to open like a book. After slicing open each piece of meat, lay it flat and open on a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or the like until 1/2″ thick.
- In a shallow, rimmed bowl, pour a cup or so of panko and season well with salt and fresh pepper. Into another bowl, spoon some Dijon mustard (~1/4 c).
- Heat a 10″ skillet over medium-high heat. While it’s heating, dredge the chicken paillards (+ pancetta if you’re using), front and back, first in mustard and then in the panko mixture.
- Pour 2 T extra-virgin olive oil into the skillet and when warm, put each panko-crusted paillard in. Cook, flipping occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and panko is golden-brown (or a little darker).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Em-i-lis