Summary: Fantastic, quick entree!
- 5 large leaves kale (lacinato if possible), stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 2″ strips thinly sliced Fontina
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 350. In a 10″ skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant and beginning to soften. Add the chopped kale and season with salt. Stir until kale is wilted but not overly cooked. Add 1-2 tsp water if skillet gets dry. Remove from heat when done.
- In the meantime, slice the chicken breasts carefully down the middle lengthwise and open like a book. Do NOT cut all the way through.
- Pat dry and season with salt. Then stuff each with kale, top with 3 strips Fontina, close, and wrap tightly with bacon. If the kale stuffing looks as though it’s going to burst out, pin the chicken shut with a toothpick(s).
- In the same skillet in which you cooked the kale, heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken breasts and sear 2 minutes; flip and sear other side. When both sides are lightly golden brown, put skillet into oven and cook until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast reads 160.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with pan juices and serve warm.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Em-i-lis