Summary: Amazing! Full of flavor! Easy!
- 1-2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¾ – 1 pound chicken (any parts really, thighs and bone-in breasts are best)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 T fresh oregano, chopped
- 1½ T salt-packed capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ c white wine
- Wash, pat dry and season with salt and pepper, your chicken. Set aside.
- In a skillet (that has a lid), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When warm, add the smashed garlic, and cook until golden brown; add the chicken, skin side down, and sear for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the oregano and capers, turn the heat to medium-low, and cover the skillet. After 8-10 minutes, add the wine, recover the skillet and cook another 8-10 minutes, until chicken is just cooked through.
- Serve warm with the ridiculously yummy sauce. Rice and/or good bread makes a marvelous accompaniment.
Cooking time: 20-25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Elia and Em-i-lis