Have you ever enjoyed a milk punch? It’s a milk-based adult beverage commonly drunk on holidays in Louisiana. A combination of said milk, bourbon and/or brandy, sugar and nutmeg served cold, it is a sublime cocktail and definitely feels festive.
Author: New York Times
Recipe type: cocktail
- ½ cup bourbon (we use Buffalo Trace)
- ½ cup brandy or aged rum (we use a mid-tier Cognac, the one with which I brandy peaches)
- 2 cups of milk (use whole, or a 75/25 blend of 2% and cream)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- grated nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- Stir everything but the nutmeg together in a pitcher and pour into double old-fashioned glasses or short tumblers. Add frozen milk cubes or ice cubes and sprinkle grated nutmeg over the tops.
- You can make the mixture in advance, including the nutmeg addition, and keep it in the fridge.