Summary: Delicious riff on the classic, courtesy of a food52 cook.
- 1 bunch of ramps, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 c walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- squirt of lemon
- Toast the walnuts. While they’re cooling, chop the ramps. Then, chop the walnuts. Put all that in a food processor.
- Add the grated Parm and a good dash each of salt and pepper. Start blending and while the motor is running, slowly pour in the EVOO until you’ve got a pesto of your preferred consistency.
- Taste, and add more salt and/or pepper if you want and the lemon if you’d like.