**Chosen as a Community Pick on Food52
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 allspice berries, coarsely ground
- 8 white peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1/6 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/6 cup white wine (I used Grüner V)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Vidalia onions
- 1½ – 2 Ataulfo (champagne) mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a glass bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients (yellow mustard seeds through Vidalia onions). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Pour the mixture into a clean 32 oz yogurt tub (or a similarly vertical vessel) and add the chopped mango (2 if you only used the large sides but didn’t pare around the seed; 1½ if you did trim the entire fruit), brown sugar and honey. Puree with an immersion blender to your desired chunkiness. Serve or chill.
Recipe by Em-i-lis; for a sense of a basic mustard, I looked at an Emeril recipe