Summary: This is an absolutely delicious version of green goddess from Melissa Clark.
- ½ c packed + 2 T basil leaves (I use just ½ c which I recommend)
- ½ c buttermilk
- ⅓ c packed parsley leaves
- ¼ c packed cilantro leaves
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 small garlic cloves, chopped
- 2½ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine everything in a blender or small food processor and puree until smooth.