Summary: If you read Em-i-lis at all regularly, you might know how I feel about summer tomatoes. Obsession is not too strong a word. This recipe came about as an homage to Sungolds, that marvelous orange cherry tomato variety.
- 2 cups Sungold tomatoes (or a similar Cherry-type tom)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovies, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon good quality Balsamic vinegar
- parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 295.
- In a 10″ skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the anchovies and garlic and reduce heat to medium-low; stir fairly continuously, to avoid burning or major browning, until soft.
- Add the capers, tomatoes and parsley, and stir to incorporate everything. Add the Balsamic vinegar. Grind a bit of fresh pepper over the top.
- Put the skillet full of Sungolds into the oven and roast in the low heat until the tomatoes just start to break down, 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the tomatoes and sauce over grilled bread with a smear of fresh ricotta, on the bread or ricotta alone, or simply in a spoon; in all cases, a drizzle of olive oil is a great finishing touch. And, if you like Pecorino, grating some on top of the tomatoes is fantastic!
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe by Em-i-lis