Recipe: Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie
- 4 c rhubarb, leaves removed (poisonous, peeps), chopped
- 3 c strawberries, stemmed and cut in half
- scant 1 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 T butter
- Preheat oven to 425. Mix all ingredients together except butter and pour into an uncooked pie crust (use my recipe, I swear it’s easy and the best).
- Cut butter into small chunks and place on fruit mixture.
- Roll out a top crust, place on top and cover with foil.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Then remove foil, lower oven temp to 375 and bake about 40 minutes more. If you don’t like runny pie, add a little cornstarch, tapioca, or other binding agent to the fruit mixture.
makes 1 deep-dish 9″ pie, or 6 mini-pies. If you make mini-pies, reduce the cook by about half.
Preparation time: 15-20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 – 55 minute(s)
Recipe by Em-i-lis.com.