Summary: A wonderfully indulgent treat from Ohio
- One 18oz jar all-natural, no-sugar-added, creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dash of vegetable oil
- Mix the peanut butter, butter and sugar by hand until all ingredients are moist and crumbly. Then beat with an electric mixer until smooth(ish). With a teaspoon, scoop batter and roll into small balls. Place on a waxed paper-covered baking sheet, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Once melted, add vegetable oil (this makes the dipping easier without adding paraffin).
- Make sure your peanut balls are very cold. It helps to dip a half sheet’s worth at a time so that the others stay cold. Using a toothpick inserted into each PB ball, dip into the chocolate, leaving a round PB “eye” in the middle. Place back onto the waxed paper to set.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
This makes about 55 buckeyes.