Summary: You literally cannot eat just one.
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2½ c vanilla wafers (1 box)
- 3 T light corn syrup
- ½ c light Rum
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 c walnuts, finely chopped
- Powdered sugar for rolling rum balls in
- Crush wafers well using a rolling pin and ziploc bag. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and add corn syrup and rum. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and stir until thick dough forms (don’t add any more liquid).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls between powdered palms. Drop balls into small bowl of powdered sugar and roll around until fully coated. Line a container with wax paper and lay the rum balls inside (they can touch each other).
- Cover and set them aside for a couple of days so that flavors will marry.
Makes about 4 dozen rum balls.