Summary: Beyond fabulous, always a hit! I adapted this only slightly from the original recipe.
- 1 container/box gingersnaps (I like Mi-Del or Whole Foods’ 365)
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1 T organic brown sugar
- 3 8 oz blocks organic cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 c organic unrefined, granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 splash Bourbon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover the outside of a 9 inch springform pan with foil.
- Using a food processor, pulse cookies into crumbs. You will need about 4 cups of cookies to produce the 2 cups of crumbs needed.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crumbs, melted butter and 1 T brown sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom of foil-wrapped pan. Don’t worry about trying to press the mixture up the sides of the pan. Bake until crust darkens slightly, 5-10 minutes maximum. Remove from oven but do not turn off the oven.
- Using a mixer, blend the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, then the pumpkin, vanilla, spices, and Bourbon. Mix until smooth, using a hand spatula to finish, insuring that ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place the pan with the crust on a sheet pan. Carefully pour filling on top of the crust.
- Bake cheesecake 60-65 minutes until center is cooked and the edges are somewhat cracked. Turn oven off, crack door and let cheesecake sit for 15 mins. Remove from oven, and chill uncovered until cold, about 4 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 10-12