Summary: I found the original recipe for this pie in Cooking Light many years ago. It immediately became a family favorite though I don’t know (or care) how light it actually is.
- 1 unbaked pie crust (I use my stir-and-roll recipe)
- scant 1 c packed brown sugar
- scant 1 c light corn syrup
- 2/3 c regular oats
- 2/3 c pecan halves
- 2 T butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten (or 3 large eggs)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix all ingredients together, stirring well, and pour into pie crust. Bake for 50 minutes or until center is completely set.