Summary: Super easy and delish!
- 1 champagne (aka Ataulfo) mango
- 3 T Amaretto, divided
- your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 6 amaretti (Italian amaretto-flavored cookies), or 1/3 c toasted, slivered almonds
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. While it’s heating, pour 1 T Amaretto in a rimmed soup bowl and lay your mango halves, cut side down, on top. Get out your ice cream scoop and serving bowls.
- When the grill is hot, place the mango halves on the grates, cut side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning clockwise 180° once during the cooking if you like criss-cross grill marks. Carefully remove the mango halves from the grill and let cool slightly. Cut like a “porcupine” (kid-speak) so that you’re left with small cubes which you can then shave off the mango skin.
- Scoop a generous ball of vanilla ice cream into each of your serving bowls. Over each, toss half the mango cubes. Drizzle 1 T Amaretto over each mango-ice cream sundae and top with 3 amaretti (crumbled if you like) each (or toasted almonds if you prefer). Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe by Em-i-lis