Summary: A family favorite from my grandmother
- 2 c flour, sifted
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 c canola oil
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl, sprinkle salt on top.
- Pour in milk and canola oil.
- Mix everything together with a fork until the flour is incorporated.
- For an 8″ or 9″ pie plate, take 3/4 dough from bowl and put onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- Place another sheet on top and roll out with a rolling pin, to your desired thickness.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper and invert crust into pie plate.
- Use the remaining crust for a lattice top, a very thin top crust or for yummy pie crackers (you can cook these plain, dusted with cinnamon and sugar, or even with pecan pie filling).
Note: This recipe does not double; for multiple pies, you’ll have to make a new crust each time. To prebake this crust, bake in a 350 oven for ~30 minutes until golden and set.
Recipe by Em-i-lis