Summary: A perfect accompaniment for Aunt Da’s French Silk chocolate pie
- scant 2 c all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ tsp sugar
- ¼ c milk
- ½ c canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 if you are going to prebake this crust.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, salt, cocoa and sugar. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and canola oil. Stir with a fork until everything is combined for the most part.
- Take about 80% of the dough if making a deep-dish pie and roll it out between two sheets of waxed paper. Invert over a 9″ pie plate, trimming off any excess that hangs over the sides.
- Put a parchment round over the bottom of the crust and then put pie weights or beans on top. Bake for 20 minutes, remove the weights/beans and parchment and bake 4-5 minutes more.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Recipe by Em-i-lis