Recipe: Aunt Da’s French Silk Pie
Summary: A chocolatey dream
- 1 9″ baked cocoa pie crust, cooled (recipe follows)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 squares Ghirardelli unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 c TruWhip (all-natural Cool Whip), thawed
- Make the crust and let it cool.
- With a hand or standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the melted, cooled chocolate and then beat in the eggs one at a time (beating 3-4 minutes after each one). Fold in the TruWhip and pour the batter into the pie crust. Cover and put in the fridge for about 2 hours to set.
Recipe by Em-i-lis