Summary: I adapted the Coriander and Cilantro Flatbread recipe to make this roll-up. Delish!
- 1 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ c Greek yogurt
- ¼ c grated Fontina cheese (I used Fontina val d’Aosta)
- 5 kale leaves, inner stems removed, leaves washed, coarsely chopped and briefly steamed (I do this in the micro)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Put a baking stone in your oven, and preheat to 475. If you’re not using a stone, put a heavy baking sheet in the oven when you turn it on to heat.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Using a fork, incorporate the yogurt until well combined. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top, and knead in until incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and knead just until smooth, about 1 minute. Pat into a rectangular shape, 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
- Cover the surface of the rectangle with the steamed kale and drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
- Fold 1/3 of the dough in towards the center. Fold the other side in towards that. You’re making an envelope-like log. Casually fold in the ends.
- Place on the baking stone (or sheet) and bake until puffed and golden brown. Time will depend on whether or not you’re using a stone, how thick you’ve made your roll-up and so forth, but start checking at 12 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe by Em-i-lis