Summary: This recipe, courtesy of Donna Vos courtesy of Judy Whitman, makes totally addictive, scrumptious, seasoned nuts. Great for parties or general high-brow snacking.
- ¼ pound each pecans, almonds, cashews, walnuts (your choice of assorted nuts); you want 1¼ pounds total
- 2 T chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 T butter, melted (I sometimes need a bit more)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Place nuts on a baking sheet or jelly roll pan (you want sides). Toast them for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent over-browning.
- In a bowl, combine the rosemary, butter, brown sugar, salt and cayenne. Dot this mixture over the warm nuts and stir until everything is combined evenly.
You can make these well ahead, or at the last minute, before your guests arrive to a wonderful, lip-smacking smell.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): Makes 5 cups