- 4 Gala, Braeburn or other crisp, flavorful red apples
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1-1¼ c water
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- ¼-½ c sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Peel three of the red apples. Halve and core all apples, but into wedges and then into 1″ chunks.
- In a stock pot on the stove, combine all ingredients and cook for 30-35 minutes over medium heat. When the apples start falling apart, remove from heat and stir roughly with a wooden spoon or mash with a potato masher, making as rough or smooth a sauce as you want.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6-8